wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Employment Lawyer
Experience:  14 years exp, General counsel for National Corp. firms, Hostos College instructor, Represented employees in discrimination lawsuits
16356563

we have a new general manager at our transportation maintenance

we have a new general manager at our transportation maintenance garage and he and his henchmen have created an environment of fear and intimidation within the shop especially with the women. because it is a union shop, we are required representation whenever we speak with management. this morning he threatened me and told me that i did not need a rep because what he had to say took 2 minutes. when i went up to the office he accused me of doing something on the floor that i did not do, because another supervisor said so and the shop rep had to go to the doctor. this is a long line of incidences, including having human resources out to investigate, harassment, intimidation unjust write ups, bagering, that the union went to have removed.....the list goes on......i have plenty of examples. i have resorted to writing down everything....

wallstreetfighter :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

wallstreetfighter :

Is the harsh environment due to your gender or union membership or both?

wallstreetfighter : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification
wallstreetfighter : Is the harsh environment due to your gender or union membership or both?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for me it is because of both, there are only 2 women mechanics in the shop and we have both had an issue with the general manager.....the other women are equally abused.....they are cleaners.

Since you have filed union complaints, and nothing has been done, you should consider filing an EEOC civil rights complaint against the employer for gender discrimination. Under the State and Federal law, an employer cannot harass or intimidate any employee due to their race, gender, age or any other protected civil rights.

By filing a complaint the employer would be prohibited from retaliating against you, and the EEOC will try to settle the matter with the employer, if nothing is resolved, you can sue the employer for gender discrimination.

Georgia has no state agency that enforces anti-discrimination laws for private sector (non-government) employees; see the local EEOC office below.
Discrimination/Harassment - Local Offices of Federal Agency (EEOC)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Atlanta District Office XXXXX
Suite 4R30
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
TTY:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Savannah Local Office XXXXX
Suite G
Savannah, GANNN-NN-NNNN
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
TTY:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how long does it take for the eeoc to respond?

whats the best way to find an employment lawyer.

You should start the process as soon as possible, they will start an investigation soon, and the process at the start can take a few weeks, however, the employer will be sent notice soon, that a complaint has been filed, and they cannot retaliate against you.

The entire process will take time, as the EEOC will try to mediate the matter, and force a settlement.

The best way to find a local employment attorney is through the local bat association, however at this point you do not need one to file an EEOC complaint.