How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

NBC TV deprived me of my pension benefits claiming that I did

This answer was rated:

NBC TV deprived me of my pension benefits claiming that I did not enroll for pension; yet my paycheck showed pension deduction throughout my 7 years as manger of the new computer center at 30 Rock, NYC. What can I do?

When did you become aware that they were not going to pay you your pension as promised?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2005. I had many phone with NBC personnel at 30 Rock, NYC and the RCA contact personnel in Fl.

I even told them that I have pay subs from NBC (RCA) and NBC (GE). The stubs indicated pension deductions.

I apologize, I have another question:

When were the payments on your pension scheduled to begin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2009 at 65.

My date of birth is 1944

Thank you.

NBC's failure to honor its contractual promise to pay you pension benefits, coupled with the fact that it reduced your paycheck for those benefits, triggers your right to claim for breach of contract. Further, you may have a claim under ERISA (the federal retirement benefits law) for their failure to properly handle your claim for benefits.

Because this claim is likely quite valuable, you need to have it handled by a local attorney specializing in employment law and ERISA rights. NYC is full of very qualified employment law attorneys that can handle this claim for you.

The statute of limitations for this claim is 6 years from the breach. Since you should have started to receive the benefits in 2009, that is when the statute starts to run. Accordingly, you have until 2015 to bring these claims. However, I encourage you to start on it immediately by making appointments with local attorneys to see if they will take your case. You should request that the case be taken on a contingency fee (where you do not have to pay unless you win the case).

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you recommend an attorney in New York City?

Unfortunately, the website rules prohibit us from making direct recommendations. I apologize for the inconvenience.
TexLaw and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you