How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in michigan i drove truck for a michigan trucking company

This answer was rated:

i live in michigan i drove truck for a michigan trucking company and give my two weeks notice and went on with my new job . i had a weeks vacation on my check stub it shows up january 1 st every year and four week s before that i told them to drop my medical inshurance wich was 102.00 dollars a week sense i got on my wifes inshurance. so wen i got my last check none of this was on there so i called him and he said for the inshurance he has to pay a mouth a head is this true ???? . and for the vacation time he said they took me off the system so they have no record for my pay . he done this to me wen i worked for him before . i dont know ho to call in michigan .....

Thank you for your question.

Are you currently living in the same city as the trucking company?

How much do you figure that he owes you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i dont live in the same city 1000.00

Since the payments that he owes you is for benefits and not straight wages, you will have to handle the claim in the civil courts and cannot file it with the Department of Labor.

Because the amount owed is $1,000.00, your best and most economical way of handling this claim would be to file the claim in small claims court. However, you would need to file it in the city where the trucking company is located.

Filing a small claims case is pretty easy, and you don't need a lawyer.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work by the website. Rating does not cause an additional charge and will not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
TexLaw and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you