Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years practicing attorney
19958803

If an employer calls an employee into the office to go over

If an employer calls an employee into the office to go over disciplinary action, the employee must be paid correct?
Hello again,
.
Yes, as long as the employee is on the premises during work hours, they would have to be compensated for their time whether they were working or acting at the direction of the employer.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.