How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was hired in 0410 by my current employer as a part time*

This answer was rated:

I was hired in 0410 by my current employer as a part time* 20 hrs/wk) expeditor, replacing a 40 hour female expeditor. During the 2-1/2 years I worked the 20 hours I complained consistently that my position required more hours. I have emails by me to my employeres stating such, as well as emails back from my boss explaining that he was sick and tired of me trying to get more hours , and that no matter what I attempted to do to get more hours the answer is a firm no. Two weeks ago I was transferred out of my position to a part time position which was previously held by a female at 40 hours. This female has been transferred to my former 20 hr positon , into a full time status. I think this stinks and need to know if I have any legal standing in being treated so callously?
Do you feel that the actions were taken based on your gender?

Are there other examples where female employees are treated better than male employees that you can think of?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I do. and there are several other cases Ive seen where females are promoted ahead of qualified females.

And just to make sure I'm on the same page, you are a male?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


You need to file an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) discrimination claim. You are being discriminated against because you are a man, and they are trying to force you to do a 40 hour job in part time, and are also reclassifying females into your job with 40 hours.

An EEOC claim may be filed by contacting the local EEOC office and asking for an appointment to file a claim. You need to ask to be reclassified as a full time worker if you are being asked to do a full time job.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Please also remember to rate my answer positively as I am not compensated for my work by the website until you do.

TexLaw and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you