Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

My wife was injured on the job [trip over a cord fell and tore

rotator cuffs in both shoulders]...
My wife was injured on the job [trip over a cord fell and tore rotator cuffs in both shoulders] her employer accepted this and she had surgery and rehab for one shoulder but not the other. Her recovery was slow, the company sent her to a so called independent Md who after cursory exam said her injury was due to age deteriation; the company then cut all benefits. she was working all along with restrictions. Can she still claim benefits or must she sue the company? If so, must she quit her job to be recompensed for her injuries.
10/1/2012
She should not quit anything, she has a right to benefits and under workers compensation they cannot just cut benefits if her doctor who has been treating her states this is part of her work related injury. These employers frequently use quacks to say whatever the insurer wants to cut benefits and your wife now needs to get a local workers compensation attorney and file suit in workers compensation court to pursue her award. She does not need to quit to pursue a workers compensation suit and the employer cannot retaliate against her for filing a workers compensation suit against them.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney