How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq Your Own Question
JPEsq, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as both corporate in-house counsel and private counsel
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
JPEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I go about filing age discrimination charges without

This answer was rated:

How do I go about filing age discrimination charges without going into financial debt and legal and court costs. Do you recommend I contact Home Depot in Atlanta and send a letter of the circumstances and what took place and remind them of my sales and achievements and awards from them. That the person in my dept working full time could not meet the quotas required and I did being part time and she instigated the charges that I was terminated on. The Management was aware of her hostility but looked the other way.
Since then they transferred 2 Asst Mgrs involved and demoted my Dept Supervisor and the new Store Mgrs said if he would have been in the store he would have stopped it. He said
I have 12 other people to get rid of you would have not been one of them.
Got ideas?

You can file an age discrimination charge with the EEOC. Actually, you must do this as a pre-requisite to any legal action. The EEOC will investigate the charge and attempt to resolve it. In some cases they will sue on your behalf if they believe the claim is strong and they are unable to resolve it.


In all cases, when the EEOC process is over, they will issue a "right to sue" letter, at which time you can pursue legal action. The EEOC process will give you a good idea of whether or not you have a decent case. I should warn you that the EEOC process can take a long time, sometimes over a year.


Read here:

File a charge here, it cost you nothing to file a charge:

JPEsq and 2 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions