Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

For an at will employee in California is it legal for an employer…

Customer Question
For an at will employee...
For an at will employee in California is it legal for an employer to terminate the employee at the eleventh hour into his annual bonus plan? Does the fact that the bonus agreement requires the employee to be actively employed at bonus time trip the covenant of good faith and fair dealings?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2012
Employment Lawyer: Board Certified Attorney Arcadier, Employment Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Board Certified Attorney Arcadier

Board Certified Attorney : Its legal to be terminated, but your bonus may be payable if it was suubstantially vested. When where you terminated? When would you have gotten the bonus? Why were you terminated according to your employer? How much is the anticipated bonus for?