Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My daughters proffessional Physical Therapy License is under…

Customer Question
My daughter's proffessional Physical Therapy...
My daughter's proffessional Physical Therapy License is under investigation for a claim of stealing drugs from a patient in a home health nursing care job. She refused to take the drug test because she was at the time being treated for a back injury and did have a perscription in her possesion of the drug the patient accused her of taking. The lawyer for this investigation has called her current job and found no evidence to prove that she not be a quality care giver.. She has taken a drug test for her current position and it was negative for any drugs. Should she get legal assistance for the possible suspension of her license?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Employment Law
3/6/2012
Employment Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome,

Absolutely yes. Since her license represents her livelihood, she would be wise to retain a local attorney with experience defending individuals against wrongdoing that involves the potential for disciplinary action or revocation of their licenses.

Here is a link to one firm that takes such cases in TN:

http://www.brenthorstlaw.com/Practice-Overview/Professional-Licenses.shtml

The state bar association can also provide attorney referrals. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.tbpr.org/Consumers/FindALawyer.aspx

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina, Lawyer

Since her interview with the lawyer for the board was over the phone should she write a letter to him stating her conversation with him and mail it to him and retain a copy?

No. She should have retained an attorney before being interviewed, but it could be worse for her to put the conversation in writing before consulting with one.

I would not cooperate in the investigation any further before at least having a face to face confidential consultation with a local attorney.

All the best to you both.

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button even if you have a subscription plan so I will be credited for my time by Justanswer.com. If you do not press ACCEPT, the website retains your payment and I receive nothing. A Bonus is always appreciated. Thanks again.

Tina, Lawyer