Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Accused of stealing by my employer with no proof of me stealing,I

Customer Question
am also being slandered,I want...
Accused of stealing by my employer with no proof of me stealing,I am also being slandered,I want to sue for slander.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Employment Law
2/6/2012
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Thank you for using Just Answer. Between my law practice and other law related jobs, I have over 13 years experience. I look forward to assisting you.

There is no such thing as pressing civil charges. You just sue someone in civil court.

Now, to whom is your employer saying that you stole something? To you or to other people, such that you can show damages?
My boss told managment that I was fired for stealing. In return manangment told other employees in the company, also HR is telling people that I am a thief.It's all over the company and I know word for word what is being said.This is causing so much stress for my family and myself.Fact is I wasn't officially fired I was told that I am out of service pending investigation.My employer told me he has hard time beleiving me.I am falsely accused and they have no proof.
That is enough evidence of disclosure to establish the claim. You can increase your potential for damages though if you have sought employment and your previous employer then makes that false statement to the prospective employer.

Without that sort of thing to point to, for damages, it makes these types of claims seldom worth the cost of bringing them.

It might be in your best interest to, instead, hire a local attorney to write a cease and desist letter, telling them to discontinue making these statements as they have no proof. It would also help to establish your claim if you wanted to continue with it, because you can show that you attempted to work with them.

(I have to go get my children from school. If this has not fully answered your question, please ask a follow up question and I will get to it when I return shortly).
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer