How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Contracts, Wrongful termination and discrimination
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hurt on the job can i sue? I worked for ny state. I have heritated

This answer was rated:

hurt on the job can i sue? I worked for ny state. I have heritated dics in lower back.

Zachary D. Norris :

how were you injured?

Since you are not in the chat room, I can give you a general answer and then we can follow up.

Since you are receiving workers compensation benefits, you cannot sue your employer for your injury. However, if the injury was actually the fault of a third party (i.e., a business or person not employed by your employer but working on the same site), then you could assert a suit against that third party. Also, if your injury was the result of a failure of a produce that was manufactured by someone else, you could have a products liability law suit.

For further response, you would have to tell me exactly how you were injured.

Please let me know if you need further analysis.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
triped over sign wire left in yhe ground.the wire was from a political sign left there. on ny state roadway grass aire. the signs were not aloud on ny state roadways. but was tolled to leave them there until after the elections.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
all that was left of the sign was the metal wire sticking in the ground. witch should have been pick up.but was not. your first issue will be if you can identify the third party who put the political sign on the public right of way.

If you can do that, then you could theoretically assert a claim against that party. However, you cannot sue your employer.
TexLaw and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you