Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Licensed attorney
11182422

If my employer is making fake invoices and selling them to

If my employer is making fake invoices and selling them to a factoring company to receive money and im aware about it. What should i do?
Hello there:

Are you in any way personally involved in this activity?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After selling these invoices to our factoring company i learned that it was fake invoices.
Were you personally involved in the sales?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not in the sales. What happen was he made an invoice to sell in order to receive money to loan to a customer to buy his house. The customer was the one buying the house. It was a 40K invoice he took 10K and he gave the customer 30K to put down on the house. The factoring company bought this invoice and funded the money to us the followng day. The customer still has never paid this invoice and its 104 days old.
What I am trying to assess is what your role was in all of this, regardless of whether you were a knowing or unknowing participant. Did you have a hand in any of this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Im the one who sold the invoice. After the invoice was processed, i sold it to the factoring company with my signature on it. At this point i wasnt aware of it being a fake invoice.
Thank you for that clarification.

To start, it would be a good idea to discontinue your future participation in this course of action. I don't mean to scare you, but I would be concerned that, if your assessment is correct, the company is involved in either a fraud and/or racketeering scheme and I would hate for you to be swept into that net simply because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My strong recommendation is to retain the services of a criminal defense attorney and, through that person, contact law enforcement to discuss immunity for your information so you they can be alerted them to what you know and you can be protected from any misunderstanding of your role in this.

I understand that you may have follow-up questions. Let me know if further clarification is needed. Thank you.