How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 13472
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently was fired from a job during my training period,

This answer was rated:

I recently was fired from a job during my training period, for what I believe was a cost cutting measure. I was hired by an auto dealer but signed an employee at will contract, but during the initial 90 day training period, I was guaranteed $800 per week. The employer still owes $3600 on the contract with guarantee. The auto dealership is in massachusetts and I performed all tasks required of me. I was fired without notice, which i understand is within their rights, with me being an employee at will.
I had sent the general manager of the dealership an email about 10 days ago with no response, indicating that I was due $3600 remaining on the guaranteed contract.
The end of the 90 day period ends about the first week of August. thanks

Thank you for your question. After reading my answer, please do not hesitate to reply if you have additional questions or need more information.


Sorry to hear about your unpaid wages. You basically have two options, and neither one will get you the money you are owed immediately. The first would be to file a claim for unpaid wages with the Attorney General's office. It normally takes them several weeks to investigate a claim, but the state can go after your employer for the unpaid wages if they determined you are owed money, and there is no cost to file the claim.


Option two would be to sue your former employer in small claims for breach of contract and the $3,600 you are owed. Small claims does not require an attorney (you can file the paperwork and go to court yourself if you don't want to hire a lawyer) but there is a filing fee and it may be weeks before your case is heard.



JUST ANSWER IS A "PAY FOR SERVICE". As I do this for a living, not a hobby, please honor and respect the honor code, and compensate me for my time as you would any other professional.


DISCLAIMER: This response is limited by the information that you have provided to this lawyer. Based on the information you have provided, I have responded based on my knowledge and interpretation of existing laws. It is possible that if the same question was asked to another lawyer, the response could be different. This response is for "Legal Informational" purposes only and should not be confused with "Legal Advice" and nothing in this response should be construed as legal advice for any individual case. Under no circumstances does this response directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship. This response is not and shall not be construed as a solicitation for the legal services of any attorney. If you have already retained a lawyer in connection with this inquiry and this fact is unknown to this lawyer, this response should not be construed as impending and/or interfering with your attorney-client relationship with such attorney. This attorney is not responsible for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage related to your use of this response, whether from errors or omissions in the content of the response or any other sites that I may provide to you for reference

RobertJDFL and 3 other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Employment Law Questions