Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

Dear XXXXX, Thank you for your timely response. However,

Dear XXXXX, Thank you for...
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your timely response. However, I am not really much better informed now.
I am keenly aware of how sneaky and underhanded these folks are.

Perhaps yo could answer so more specific questions...

1. How long can they go without either ruling in our favor or
officially denying our claim so we can appeal their decision?

2. How long should we expect to wait if the claim is legitimate, the doctor is beyond reproach, and we have legal counsel to advocate for us?

3. They are saying that we cannot get both social security disability and long term disability at the same time, but this does not seem to make any sense. Why would they say this? what is there angle?

Thanks
4/3/2011
1) If they have not ruled in 30-60 days you are entitled to demand a written decision. After that you would be entitled to an appeal through them in writing. This is why I stated getting your own attorney would be beneficial because generally once you have an attorney involved and writing letters on your behalf they will stop playing their games.

2) A claim should not take more than 90 days total, but as I said and as you have experienced, these companies seem to drag things out when they know you are not disabled.

3) I am not aware of any law prohibiting both of you from collecting SSDI if you and her are indeed disabled.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney