Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Former judicial law clerk, lawyer
26798026

I lost my employment work search logs for Massachusetts, which

I lost my employment work search logs for Massachusetts, which contains my work search activity history for the past 6 months. I will only be able to re-create some of this information if the Mass DUA asks me to provide my work search logs. How weeks of job search data does the Mass DUA expect a claimant to provide, if they request the work search log information?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The state can ask you to turn in the logs for the entire time you've been collecting unemployment. Quite honestly, I've never heard of them doing that, but they doesn't mean they won't.

One of the things that Unemployment considers a sufficient work search is to "Using other job search activities such as reviewing job listings on the internet, newspapers or professional journals, contacting professional associations, networking with colleagues or friends." If you were doing those things in addition to making telephone calls and submitting applications, that would be enough for the logs.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find the logs, but in the meantime, you may want to recreate them to the best of your ability while the information is relatively fresh. If you don't have it, here is the log:
http://www.mass.gov/Elwd/docs/dua/1750T.pdf
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you! From your experience how many weeks if they do ask for work search logs do they typically request.
I don't know anyone in Massachusetts who has ever actually been asked to submit the form. I would expect that they wouldn't really want to go through six months or more, but they can ask for it.

If you end up moving into the extended benefits, then you're required to submit the form every week, but that's different.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you!
You're welcome. Thank you!