How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Employment Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English - Discrimination, Fire/Hire, Non-Compete, etc.
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am an RN that was terminated while i was in the hospital

This answer was rated:

i am an RN that was terminated while i was in the hospital suffering from some form bipolar psychosis related to taking extra dosages which i fount out i have missed for 10 days, i still went to as a dedicated employee . i had passed out my asst director office after my co workers brought me in for hyper behaivor. my hospital hired me TCH for close to ten years aware of my psych problem. i started to feel paranoid and axious at the ER sarted to sleep in and out of reality. i fannally go dischare and stayed a the er lobbywaiting for my wife. i started believing the riots shown on tv was happening here, i went upstairs to mail loddy tried to cal Ceo mark Walace, then 911 to warn the va bomd was gooing to expode. i ran out of the st lues building and tried stopping cars to warm them of a doomsday event. my wife finally found be and bought me home. my anxiety and delusion got worst so my wife brought me back to staint lukes which was i wsas overwhelm with delusions war and people injures. the next day my room the boomb squad gave me a arrest warrant for felony false alarm they felt this charge was frvolous if tch security did a thorough investigation, the police came to guard mebut felt that this case was not warrented and adviced me how to rush through the bond process in jail. mot of them slept on their watch my psychiatric doctor tried to negotaite to drpp the case with tch lawyers but to no avail. she was very touch by the situation that she will love to volunter as a witness.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.


Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following information before I can answer your question:


Can you please tell me what US state or country is involved in your question? I cannot see it on my screen right now. I may need to research your state-specific law.


Approximately when did you get fired? What was the reason given to you?


You also forgot to ask a question - what is your question for me?



I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I was eployed by Texas Childrens hospital for 9.6 yrs and a nurse for 20 yrs. I have no prior convictins.

I was fired 2/18 while i was in the hospital treated for medication psychosis. My psych
doctor has verified that diagnosis. Inspite of that my hospital chaged me felony false alarm. My doctor tried to intervine with lawyers of TCH but to no avail. She said this a case for wrongful termination due tro my mental contion. My reason of my termination was becuase i was a treat to my co workers. I was never near them and did not theaten but warmed them of a bomb the i was delusional about. Do i have a chance if i pursur this case.

My apologies for the delay in responding to you. I did not work here yesterday (Friday).


There is a way for you to start matters without having to spend any money, and get a free investigation without spending any.


You have the right to file a disability discrimination complaint with both the state discrimination agency and the federal one, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).


In Texas, you can contact the state agency here:


There is also some additional very helpful information here:


You can contact the EEOC here: (there's a ton of great information at this website!)


If you start with the state agency, in most states they'll file a complaint with the EEOC on your behalf at the same time.


There are deadlines for filing, so don't delay!


Complaint investigations are free. They're not always the best, XXXXX XXXXX do get a free investigation. If it looks like they are going to file a "no cause" finding, withdraw your complaint before they do. That way, if you go to court, a "no cause" finding can't be used against you.


You may also want a consultation with a local attorney who specializes in employment discrimination. An attorney who is familiar with how juries tend to rule in your area may be very helpful to you. You can have the best case in the world, but if you're in a conservative area that tends to side with employers, it's good to know this up front.


Be sure any attorney with whom you speak has at least five years experience in handling employment discrimination cases, since you have sort of a doozy (it's not cut and dried).


Here are some places to try:







Don't actually HIRE an attorney without first checking references. And don't try to pick the attorney's brain on the phone. Schedule an appointment and visit the office, like you would for a doctor!


As a whole separate matter, you asked about medical malpractice. Very few attorneys take these cases, because they're very expensive to handle. I would try the trial attorneys above Again, make an appointment and go to the office.


Because your case is complicated, you may want to try the biggest law firms, because they have the most resources. The same law firm would likely be able to handle both an employment discrimination case and medical malpractice, but again, check references before you hire anyone. You need to know some basics, such as whether the attorney will return phone calls, have invoices you understand, and so forth.


Again, I am sorry I wasn't able to get back to you yesterday.


All my best,



Jane Doe Deer and other Employment Law Specialists are ready to help you