Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I asked a doctor to fill out my fmla papers and he refused,

I asked a doctor to fill out my fmla papers and he refused, I have a chronic sinus infection and have had two or three other docs at the same place fill out my forms before and it was granted each time. He said it was not a severe health condition I lost four days out of work becuse I could'nt breath and or move off the couch. Would that be consided interferance?

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: I asked a doctor to fill out my fmla papers and he refused, I have a chronic sinus infection and have had two or three other docs at the same place fill out my forms before and it was granted each time. He said it was not a severe health condition I lost four days out of work becuse I could'nt breath and or move off the couch. Would that be consided interferance?

Response 1: Unfortunately not. That is a judgment call. The doctor cannot be forced to complete the FMLA forms if in his opinion, the FMLA is not warranted. Your only recourse here is to get another doctor to complete the forms for you.