Employment Law

Employment Law Questions? Ask an Employment Lawyer.

Employment Law

I have an appeal hearing and thought I would receive unemployment

once I lost my job...
I have an appeal hearing and thought I would receive unemployment once I lost my job but due to the nature of how I lost my job I will not receive any type of unemployment assistance.
2/7/2011
Attorney & Mediator
Typically the only way to succeed in an appeal is to demonstrate that you did not cause your termination. An involuntary termination would be were you were terminated by the employer through no fault of your on or that the conditions of employment were such that any other reasonable person in your shoes would have no other options but to leave. If you are unable to show this, then unfortunately your appeal will not be a success. Other options would be to show a breach of a written agreement on the part of the employer.

TN appeal process

Please click accept, and I can help with further questions if you have them.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: JustAnswer.com is a public forum. JustAnswer.com is not a law firm. JustAnswer.com is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm.

JustAnswer.com uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer