Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA, recognized by ABA for excellence.
4460311

I have a EEO case against the USPS and I have to decide whether

Customer Question

I have a EEO case against the USPS and I have to decide whether I want someone to represent me or not, but it is before the Administrative Judge of the EEOC-Atlanta District Office. I have thirty days to decide. Will a lawyer represent me at this late date if I can provide him/her with all the documents leading up to this meeting.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for contacting Justanswer.com. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

Yes. This process involves a hearing for which you should retain a local employment law attorney to represent you.

Martindale.com is usually a good source for locating attorneys by location and area of practice.

Thirty days is usually enough time for an attorney to get up to speed on a case, but I would not wait much longer. Look for ones who take contingency fee cases if at all possible.

All the best to you in the New Year.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Justanswer.com. Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated.

NOTE: The law sometimes does not provide the answer we hoped it would. Please consider that I devote time to providing answers whether it benefits you or not and hope you don’t choose to shoot the messenger.

As always, I am available to clarify the answers for you. Thank you and the best of luck.