How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Employment Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Employment Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked for a cheerleading gym and I was on salary getting

Customer Question

I worked for a cheerleading gym and I was on salary getting 700.00 on the 1st and 15. there was a change in ownership and we were told are pay would stay the same. It did for awhile but then I had a check bounce and wasn't ever paid on time sometimes I would have to drive 3 hours just to pick up my check so I could pay bills on time. do I have a case for unlawful work place? I have already quit, but I have had my utilities cut off because of how we were paid late and rent was late several times.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You have a right to file a wage claim against the employer. Here's the form:


This is the best and quickest way to get the money you're due.