Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Hi i would like to know if you have a felony that is adjudicated…

Customer Question
Hi i would like to...
Hi i would like to know if you have a felony that is adjudicated withheld, can you become a paralegal or work in a medical field?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/29/2010
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
yes, adjudicated withheld is not a guilty finding and thus not a conviction and you could work in either field, but that would be at the discretion of the employer because some employers will not hire anyone with an arrest record,so you should seek to get your record sealed so it would not show up on a background check. Most employers only ask about convictions, and this is not a conviction.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.