Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My 16 yo dtr was employed at Burger King. She arrived for…

Customer Question
My 16 yo dtr was...
My 16 yo dtr was employed at Burger King. She arrived for her shift on Saturday evening and her manager called her into back room and said she had to talk to a HR representative over the phone. She was questioned about an evening she worked where 8-10 orders were deleted and they assumed she was taking orders and then deleting them and pocketing the money. She denied this and told them the evening they were questioning about was one where tornado sirens went off in town and many customers who had placed orders left quickly from the drive through w/out getting their orders. She has no ability to delete orders and her manager deleted all these orders that were rung up and customers left before getting them. They then asked her if she ever gave food away free to friends; she admitted she did. She is to repay this. Was this legal to question and have her sign a statement w/out a representative present. She was alone and scared
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/29/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Is there an employee handbook or was there discrimination based on gender/age/race?