Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Ive been employed 7 year with family dollar. Pregnant twice.

Customer Question
First pregnancy2003 I was demoted...
Ive been employed 7 year with family dollar. Pregnant twice. First pregnancy2003 I was demoted second pregnancy2009 I was treated really bad. distric manager kept telling me i need to take a early leave. I worked 60 to 70 hours a weekuntil my 39th week of pregnancy. I was written during my pregnancy for things I couldnt do. He treated me as if he didn'twant me there. Ive taken three leave of absence and with each he tried to
prevent me from coming back. I was recently accused of working an employee off the
clock. I am currently facing termination because my distric mananger called an employee who no longer works for the company and he claims she told him I work here off the clock. Is there anything legaly i can do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/28/2010
Employment Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer

­Please click Accept so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

You may wish to discuss with your attorney the possibility of filing a discrimination charge with the EEOC or the SC Human Affairs Commission regarding the discrimination in 2009. However, it's important that you take immediate action, as deadlines are short and strict and, based on the time frame you've suggested, if the deadline hasn't yet passed, it may pass very soon. Accordingly, you should contact your attorney immediately. You may also wish to discuss with your attorney the possibility of filing a discrimination lawsuit against the individual who made false statements about your conduct, as you may have a basis for such action.

While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,

T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information is provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).

Edited by T-USA on 6/28/2010 at 6:47 PM EST