Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

what do i do if my employee discuss work place problem with…

Customer Question
what do i do if...
what do i do if my employee discuss work place problem with my spouse and ask him to let me stay home not come to work
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/28/2010
Employment Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello.

Do you and your husband own this business?

How many employees does this business have?

No

50-100

Hello again.

If you are the employee's supervisor at a company owned by a third party, then you can do any number of things here:

1. Simply tell the employee that the comment to your husband was not appropriate and you will look into formal disciplinary action if anything like this happens again ( a "verbal warning"); or

2. You can give this employee a formal warning for insubordination -- but because the comment was directed at your husband, you should have another supervisor involved in the meeting to discuss the insubordination and actually write the warning.

Whatever you intend to do here, if you take formal disciplinary action, because it involves a comment made to your husband, you should be certain that another supervisor is involved in the issuance of any formal discipline

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time

THANK YOU

My question was regarding the owner of the company. She relied the information to my husband who does not work at this company. She also suspend me thru my husband. what are my legal rights.

Okay.

So, she told your husband that you were suspended without speaking to you first?

What was the reason for the suspension?

Do you know why she did this in this manner?

Yes she spoke to him never spoke with me. She gave no reason.I have no glue why she did this but I feel violated