Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Postal back injury, knee surgery within a year after returning…

Customer Question
Postal back injury, knee...
Postal back injury, knee surgery within a year after returning to work reported knee crunching sound to back doctor. Never filed a claim with OWCP while working for the Post Office.

During back surgery bone removed from right hip, Knee surgery for torn meniscus in left knee.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/27/2010
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
If you have not filed a claim in this long since the injuries, the 3 year statute of limitations has long since expired. I am afraid that because you have missed the statute of limitations you would not have any real claims you could bring any longer to the OWCP claims board or to the court, they would be barred by the statute of limitations.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.