Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am an operations manager in an office in FL. I conduct business…

Customer Question
I am an operations manager...
I am an operations manager in an office in FL. I conduct business in and out of it. 90 percent involves communicating with clients out of the state. I am paid hourly but have never received overtime. My normal work hours are 8 per day but often I have worked 10-15. Do I have a case to pursue compensation?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/27/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Yes, from what mentioned you should qualify as non exempt and should ask the labor department and the IRS to reclassify you.