Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

if a person is looking for a job and the company is a hi tech…

Customer Question
if a person is looking...
if a person is looking for a job and the company is a hi tech security firm like Rim , Black berry and it has ben seven years or just over seven years will the crimnal recored show up on the back ground check
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Typically yes it will show on the check so if asked about it, should be honest.
Reserch in motion, Has a background check firm ( company), contact you after you interview and except thier offer of employment. . Now the charge is a petty theft misdemeanor ,Dade county Miami Fl . My wife was 18, now she is twenty five. So She was arrested when she was 18. She is going to turn 26 in September. I would say the charge is about 7 years and 8 months old. Rim, Inc is a very high tec firm that checks extensively. I was reading on most websites that employers only check up to seven years? But i'm not sure with rim sine there so Big on security purposes. When i search a free website pipl you can see the charge under her name and that is a free site. So my basic question is, Do you think Rim, Inc Backgorund firm will see past seven years and look at that? Also how long does expungement take of the recored?
I cannot speak for that specific company. You may want to meet with a local lawyer to pursue expungement, see www.martindale.com
do you know how long expungment takes and usally thye would Probley see a petty theft charge on a extensive criminal back ground check that is about 7years *months old correct?

Im sure if i can see they can and they acully see alot more then me
I dont have that information for you so I will refer you to a colleague.
petty theft charge on a extensive criminal back ground check that is about 7years 8months old. The back ground company is ussaly going to see it.

I mean I can see it

What would be your guess on that pacticullary part of the question 7 years 8 months seeing the charge ?
If a colleague can answer you will get notice.

Is your collge looking at my question thanks for your time
I have opened it to all colleagues in this category for response but I cannot say if or who will take over. I am sorry for the delay.
Thank you know the situation I guess the only answer I'm looking for is. One the background check if the its a petty misdaminer teft, and the firm is a good background check firm. They should see that on the recored even if its 7 years and 8 months
I guess that is the only opion I'm looking for and then we can close this out
No problem.