Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

For an year my boss has been harrassing me. Just recently I…

Customer Question
For an year my boss...
For an year my boss has been harrassing me. Just recently
I was accuse on my job of working an employee off the clock. my boss called an former
employee after she quite and she claimed I work her off the clock. This employee qiute
during my leave of absence. Loss and prevention was called and all employees were questioned. This was very humilating to me. I feel as though he's triing to push me to
leave. Is there anything legal I can do to make him stop harrassing me? Is it even legal
to address anything from an former employee?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/26/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Is the harassment based on race, gender, age, sexual reasons or personal dislike?

I feel like it race

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 protects individuals against employment discrimination on the bases of race, gender, age, nationality or religion. It applies to employers with 15 or more employees.
Proving it is done by looking at pattern of conduct, document, witness statements, how other employees are treated, and the credibility of the employer and the complainant.
To file a complaint with the eeoc, see this link www.eeoc.gov
The "relief" or remedies available for employment discrimination, whether caused by intentional acts or by practices that have a discriminatory effect, may include: back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions that will make an individual "whole" (in the condition s/he would have been but for the discrimination). attorneys' fees, expert witness fees, a court costs.

You can further have local counsel pursue reinstatement or severance by negotiation either before filing the eeoc complaint or after doing so. You can find local employment counsel on www.martindale.com