Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Have been terminated last January and my employer cancelled…

Customer Question
Have been terminated last January...
Have been terminated last January and my employer cancelled my visa. Have a loan with a bank and owe money on credit cards, have been paying the installments regularly with no default. I went back to my home country. I send email to the banks with my termination letter. I am appealing to them not to impose a travel ban on me because once I get back to work I will ask a settlement on them and repay my loan and credit cards. Now have an opportunity to get a job again in the UAE after 5 months . If I intend to go back in UAE do you think they impose already a travel ban on me? Just in case they imposed a travel ban on me is there any way to lift the travel ban? Any comments/help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/26/2010
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
The only way to know whether or not a travel ban was imposed is to contact the banks to see if they have started any collection proceedings against you and to check with UAE immigrations. If they have imposed a ban then you would need to pay off the bill owed to get the ban lifted.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”