Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

i am costing the insurance company about $25000 a year in expenses.

Customer Question
what is my settlement worth...
i am costing the insurance company about $25000 a year in expenses. what is my settlement worth for a total disability injury with severe depression?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/25/2010
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
You would have to look at how much money you were earning prior to the injury, your disability rating from your doctor, your ability to get another type of job and the reasonable amount of time you could be expected to work before retirement. Generally, you should be able to get anywhere from about 33%-65% of that amount as a settlement award. It does not matter how much it is costing the insurer, it is the loss of wages and your loss of earnings capacity that matters.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”