Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Ellen, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Thank you yes i am a salaried employee. Can my boss doc my
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
Hello and thank you yes i am a salaried employee. Can my boss doc my time for leaving to a doctors appointment? … read more
I'm trying to understand the differences in exempt and
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I'm trying to understand the differences in exempt and nonexempt employees. As managers of a small restaurant, what would that fall under? There are only about 6-7 employees. We do not handle bills, e… read more
I have been a GM at a H-D dealership going on 8 yrs. so I am
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have been a GM at a H-D dealership going on 8 yrs. so I am on salary. In June I started getting sick and I missed work for about 3 weeks but was still helping from home here and there with graphic d… read more
I've worked company years. It's a restaurant, we run a four
Sam, Attorney
I've worked for a company for 8 years. It's a restaurant, we run a four manager team. We lost two managers and I have worked 60 plus hours a week for going on four months now, covering as an hourly ma… read more
I recently got let go at my job, I was being paid salary as
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
I recently got let go at my job, I was being paid salary as a Kitchen Manager. The owner told me I wouldn't be receiving a full pay check for my last one, because I didn't work the days that we are cl… read more
Hi my husband recently quit his job last day is tomorrow he
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Hi my husband recently quit his job last day is tomorrow he was a general manager for a restaurant chain which they paid him $14 an hour but said he was a salaried position. We are in a rural area and… read more
My employer over the last 52 weeks has paid on time less than
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, employment lawyer
My employer over the last 52 weeks has paid on time less than 10 times. It is unclear whether I am hourly or salary, I have been told both. The most recent being that I am hourly, but no hours or pay … read more
I was a GM of a restaurant in San Antonio, TX. About two months
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I was a GM of a restaurant in San Antonio, TX. About two months ago, I agreed to take myself off of the company payroll and get paid out-of-pocket by one of the owners. The're are three owners of the … read more
Employer in Grandview, MO. Company hires an employe at a Salary
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Employer in Grandview, MO. Company hires an employe at a Salary which on a 40 hour work week equates to $15.87 per hour. The employer put in writing, the Salary, and the $1000 pay increase after 90 da… read more
my employer paid me $675 a week, (40 hours) after my 40 hours
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
my employer paid me $675 a week, (40 hours) after my 40 hours he paid me $10 an hour.on some weeks i didnt make 40 hours and getting paid every 2 weeks he would take from my over hours to make my 4o .… read more
I am the only hourly manager for a restaurant, working third
Ray, Lawyer
I am the only hourly manager for a restaurant, working third shift. I am on average scheduled off at 8 or 9 in the morning and the GM is supposed to be my relief. He requires me to send all other empl… read more
I started working for my present employer in 2002 as a delivery
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I started working for my present employer in 2002 as a delivery driver and after working hard and showing to be a good employee I recieved many promotions leading to GM of a store, once in this positi… read more
I have an employee who has been managing my restaurant kitchen
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I have an employee who has been managing my restaurant kitchen in Florida for about 5 years. He earns $665.00 per week for 55 hours. He comes in early and leaves late continually wanting to make extra… read more
My girlfriend works as a general manager at a fast food and
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
My girlfriend works as a general manager at a fast food and ice cream restaurant. Since the beginning of the year, her regional manager has been coming down hard on her for 'morale' issues, while she … read more
We are a restaurant company operating a business in a theater
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
We are a restaurant company operating a business in a theater complex. For about 3 months of the year, the theaters are dark and so the restaurant is closed. We have a service manager who qualifies in… read more
Hi! My name is Rick an I have a question. I work at a restaurant
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have a question. I work at a restaurant and the numbers for the restaurant are not good. The district manager is making us work 5 hours a week extra, for free, as I am a s… read more
I was hired about 6 months ago to be an assistant manager ($10
JPEsq, Attorney
I was hired about 6 months ago to be an assistant manager ($10 per hour,) at a restaurant on two days a week to relieve the GM of the restaurant. In the mean time some people quit and were terminated … read more
I live in NJ and work as a server in a restaurant. My boss
MichaelK
MichaelK, Senior Counsel
I live in NJ and work as a server in a restaurant. My boss said we will no longer receive an hourly wage of $2.13 as he is not required by law, yet we still have to bus out and do all sorts of side wo… read more