Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was recently laid off from my job. I was a full time, salaried…

Customer Question
I was recently laid off...
I was recently laid off from my job. I was a full time, salaried employee. I have over 172 hours of unused vacation and sick time that I have not been paid for. Is my ex-employer required to compensate me for that time?
Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Does the employer have a policy or practice of paying it to departing employees?
I know that he has in at least one instance.
It does not have to do it under federal or state law but if it has a practice of doing it or by manual or contract it agrees to pay it, then you can pursue it.