Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was injured on the job aproximately three months ago. I continued…

Customer Question
I was injured on the...
I was injured on the job aproximately three months ago. I continued to work for three and a half weeks after the injury to my knee, until I couldn't take the pain and was taken out for surgery. I will need to return to my job by July 13, (end of FMLA leave). My surgeon is telling me it will take an additional 3 months for my knee to return to normal;the human resources person in charge of this type of claim at work is telling me they won't make special arrangements for me forever, when I return to work with limitations; and that I need to get it taken care of . I feel threatened that I will NOT be kept in my position as an x-ray tech, even tho there are numerous ways to utilize me in the department. What if I am NEVER able to work my second shift position alone again?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/24/2010
Employment Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Your work related injury appears to be compensable under your employer's workers' compensation (WC) coverage. WC coverage includes lost wages and medical bills. It may also include a lump sum benefit for your permanent injuries.

You will need to meet with a local WC attorney at this time to evaluate your case and compel your WC to provide coverage and any additional treatment or lost wages you shall require.

Typically WC attorneys give a free initial consultation. If the WC attorney takes the case, they are typically paid by the WC carrier.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,

FLAandNYLAWYER
Relist: My question was not answered. Can the HR personnel legally refuse to make arrangements for me to return on light duty or let me go because of a disability developed due to on the jon injury? .
My question was not answered. Can the HR personnel legally refuse to make arrangements for me to return on light duty or let me go because of a disability developed due to on the jon injury?
Sorry my answer was unclear.

Can the HR personnel legally refuse to make arrangements for me to return on light duty or let me go because of a disability developed due to on the jon injury?

Yes the HR person is not required to return you to light duty or to hold your job open longer than the FMLA time period.