Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Marsha411JD, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I am at work now an today has been very interesting I was
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
i am at work now an today has been very interesting I was moved to another area and was told to get me out of the eye site of being in the front office because im pregnant … read more
Try to define exempt vs non-exempt employees for our church
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Try to define exempt vs non-exempt employees for our church staff. is there a simple definition? Additionally, our pastor works under the terms of an employment contract. Can I assume that the pastor … read more
I'm a Tennessee resident. I'm married and we have a son. We
Ely, Counselor at Law
My name is A ********** I'm a Tennessee resident. I'm married and we have a son. We work hard everyday for our child, he's our motivation. I've been working for MRCO corporation East West enterprises … read more
I was a Clinical Regional Nurse. In 2010 the Facility was bought
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I was a Clinical Regional Nurse. In 2010 the Facility was bought by another Company. I was asked by the new Company to do a job as a Regional Reimbursement specialist as I had the only experience as t… read more
My partner was given an ultimatum at his job. He was asked
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My partner was given an ultimatum at his job. He was asked to go to another location proform the same job he is currantly doing. If he doesn't exsept the postion he will be demoted to a job that pays … read more
I was laidoff from in my job in Sept. 2011 after 27 years as
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I was laidoff from in my job in Sept. 2011 after 27 years as a LPN in a local hospital. I was hired at a nursing home and was told on my 4th day of work the postion was perdiem and not part time. Many… read more
My husband age 57,workedfor this company for over 4 years,never
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My husband age 57,workedfor this company for over 4 years,never a write up,a missed day of work except 1,was in a management postion as far as doing time sheets,and the running of a crew, doing weldin… read more
All these questions are for the state of Texas 1. If they
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
All these questions are for the state of Texas 1. If they are deducting uniform charges from my husbands check and he never signed an agreement is that illegal? 2. Can an employer make you pay for fin… read more
I worked for the U.S. biggest retailer. I went on fmla on 2-1-2010
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I worked for the U.S. biggest retailer. I went on fmla on 2-1-2010 with hip pain. I had a pervious surgery on that hip and was out 53 days in April and May in 2009. I have been with this company 29 ye… read more
if I turn in a letter to my boss that I can not work more
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
if I turn in a letter to my boss that I can not work more then 35 hours a week and can not work more then 8 hours a day or lift more hten 5 pounds. From my docotor. I have a buldge disc and pinched ne… read more
Under the FLSA Overtime Pay - can a supervisor who falls under
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Under the FLSA: Overtime Pay - can a supervisor who falls under the White Collar Exemption have there position changed from hourly to salary if the same business at the same location has other positio… read more
I need to write a letter to my district manager and the home
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I need to write a letter to my district manager and the home office in reference being taken from a 40hr work week based on the fact I had a heart attack 07-09-2009 after leaving work thatday. syptoms… read more
I have worked for a company for almost 13 years and was hired
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I have worked for a company for almost 13 years and was hired for a postion that was daytime hours of 8:00 to 4:00PM - It has varied hours but has always been a day shift position . Due to our dept mo… read more
I am a registered nurse who works as an educator in staff development
Attorney Wayne
Attorney Wayne, Attorney-at-Law
I am a registered nurse who works as an educator in staff development and diabetes patient education. In March 2008, my position was downsized to a .5 postion meaning 40 hours per pay period. On Decem… read more
I worked for Macys in PA for 1 1/2 years. I was to be transferred
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I worked for Macys in PA for 1 1/2 years. I was to be transferred in August to Florida, when my father was relocated there, but they said their was a job freeze, still in affect, and would not hire me… read more
I am an employer of a small chiropractic office - 1 staff 30
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I am an employer of a small chiropractic office - 1 staff 30 hours 2nd staff 20 - Full time employee 30 hours worked for me just 1 week pass 2 years. She goes home with and upset stomach - hext day i … read more
I working at a hospital (Florida) for 9 years and I have a
Experienced Attorney
Experienced Attorney, JD
I working at a hospital (Florida) for 9 years and I have a new boss who is putting in a new system, basically reorganizing, I have 2 masters, while over-achieving at the work (never had a disciplinary… read more
I was demoted from my position at my company, new management
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I was demoted from my position at my company, new management stated it was restructuring reason after I was told another co worker position was being eliminated and they needed to find them a job and … read more