Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

After 17 years,My job has placed me on official administrative…

Customer Question
After 17 years,My job has...
After 17 years,My job has placed me on official administrative leave june 8th 2010 after i returned from a 3-day annual leave. They claim because of alleged allegations at the workplace. The alleged allagation was verbal abuse that they claimed was reported. They would not tell me what was said or who made the statement.i was not informed of any of the alleeged allagations until i returned from my three day leave.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. You are asking if their conduct is legal?
Yes, I would like to follow up on these alleged accusations and clear my status. Should i seek legal representation? Will they be able to refused unemployment if they decise to terminate me?
Legally, I am afraid the employer can do so provided it is not out of discrimination due to race, age, gender, nationality or religion. The employer can do so within its discretion for no reason at all.
You can ask for reconsideration though and can look to an employee manual if available in case procedure for review is not being followed.