Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I recently left a job in good standing gave a 2 week notice.

Customer Question
I did not receive my...
I recently left a job in good standing gave a 2 week notice. I did not receive my final check until 5 days later. Do they owe me anything for the extra2 days and am I entitled to a partial bonus for the 2nd Qtr. which ends on June 30?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/23/2010
Employment Lawyer: MDLaw, Employment Lawyer replied 8 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Employment Lawyer
What are the extra 2 days that you are speaking of?
My last day was June 18. I will be getting paid today June 23. It is my understanding that they have 72 hrs. to pay.
I'm a bit confused here. You said you got paid in your initial post and now you say that you are getting paid today. I still don't understand where these 2 days that you asked about are coming from?
An error, I meant that will be paid today and that makes it 5 days since I quit
Ok, so what exactly is your question?
According to my research, in California the labor code states that I must be paid within 72 hrs. of my termination date 6/18. I wil be paid this afternoon 6/23. Do they owe me anything for the 2 extra days that I am having to wait and am I entitled a portion of my 2 quarter bonus once it gets calculated?
If you did not work those 2 days, then no you are not entitled to be paid wages for those days. You are only entitled to wages for hours that you have actually worked.

Whether or not you are entitled to your bonus depends on what your employment contract states in regards XXXXX XXXXX If you do not have an employment contract, then you would need to review your employer's policy with regards XXXXX XXXXX out bonuses when someone quits. In other words, it is up to the employer's policy.