Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I went through a divorce and was granted a quatro, in 1995.The…

Customer Question
I went through a divorce...
I went through a divorce and was granted a quatro, in 1995.The paperwork I got shows that I could start drawing this money in 2010 for 69.17 not a lot of money. I called up the business because I never had the contract, They sent me one.In the contract it states Your disability retirement datewould be the first day of the month following the month in wi\hich you actually receive your first social security disability benifitss--or would have received such benefit if you had been eligable for ir--provided that you had then:
been dertimined by the plan committee to have become due to an unavoidable cause totally and permanetly disabled by a bodily injury or disease which prevints you from engaging in any occupation for pay or profit. In 1995 I had a car accident that left me disabled due to a broken neck,Now I have sent copies to the UAW and the company that say I'm not qualified I started to draw disiblity in May 1995.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/22/2010
Employment Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

Most of these contracts allow coverage for injuries that occurred on the job. If your injury did occur during your work activities, you may have a claim at eligibility. However, if it did not, you're probably not covered.

My suggestion is that you have an attorney review the documents to determine whether there is any eligibility under the specific terms of that agreement.