Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am a county employee I beleive am being harassed by a newly…

Customer Question
I am a county employee...
I am a county employee I beleive am being harassed by a newly elected commissioner. I beleive I am being treated unfair because on the prior election, this commissioner was defeated by my mother in a land slide. This commissioner has screamed at me in a public presentation in front of public and other officials. He continues to confront me about re assigning me to a different department. Also, he was investigated by a public television crew and was caught drinking on county time, and misuse of county vehicles, and playing golf during his work schedule. I have a susspesion (from other employees) that I or other non-hispanics reported these activities (which is completely false).

I am a project manager with 16 years with the county with a perfect personell record. I beleive this is the only reason he hasn't tried to have me fired. He has went as far to review my personnel file (he has never requested any one elses).

I have contacted my boss (director of Public Works) and he said he just doesn't like me because I'm non-hispanic. This has been going on for 2 years now and was wondering if there is anything I should or can do. Thank You. Mike
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/22/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Is there discrimination?
He only harrasses the white guys, but that would be very hard to prove. Also, he was a county employee about 20 yrs ago and was fired for theft. His old boss couldn't prove the theft so fired him for damaging equipment. Then this guy gets elected as a commissioner....go figure!!!!!!!!!!!
You could pursue a claim then with the eeoc. The eeoc can investigate it. see www.eeoc.gov