Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was just fired for sexual harrasment. The following were…

Customer Question
I was just fired for...
I was just fired for sexual harrasment. The following were the reasons:

Asking female associate about her sex life.
Offering female associate information about your sex life.
Soliciting for dates.
Making inappropriate remarks about the appearance of females.

I didn't ask a female associate about her sex life.
I did ask a fellow employee who I had been dating if she "Had thought about it anymore." (referring about getting back together)
In the parking lot after work I said an associate looked sexy.
I did share an sexually inappropriate text message from a female with another female.

Not to excuse my stupid behavior, but I am ADHD. My physician advised me to go off my medication for ADHD as he felt it may attribute to my high blood pressure. These actions occured while I was off my medication.

My greatest concern is what this may do for my future employment interviews. How am I to handle the fact that I was fired and can not get a reference?

Also, I don't receive any unemployem
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/18/2010
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. You are asking if the termination is legal?