Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I got into some trouble in 2001 when I was 19 and I was arrested…

Customer Question
I got into some trouble...
I got into some trouble in 2001 when I was 19 and I was arrested for 2 counts of battery. I have then had those expunged. I am taking the test for Cook County Correctional Officer (Illinois) and I was wondering if I need to mention what happened during my interview with them. Or would that prevent me from getting the job? Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/17/2010
Employment Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

hi

you only need to answer what they ask. and if they ask if you have ever been arrested or convicted you can honestly say No since the record is expunged. if you say no and they probe it, you can say that you had a matter when you were younger but it was expunged and therefore is no longer an issue. but you do not need to go into any detail.