Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My wife is getting harrassed at work by the lead clerk and…

Customer Question
My wife is getting harrassed...
My wife is getting harrassed at work by the lead clerk and another employee she has went through the proper steps for reporting this conduct to the managment team at her place of employment.They have given the employee written corrective actions but the employee still harasses.The employer actually caught the emplyee on tape not harrasing but doing something against company policy and was called in to get fired but the lead clerk some how saved her job. So the head manager told the lead clerk to cut both her and my wifes hours but he only cut my wifes hours. This of course after my wife contacted there headquarters HR office and now they are investigating the allegations.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/16/2010
Employment Lawyer: AttorneyTom, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Lawyer
Can you elaborate on the harassment? Please describe the harassment.

Thanks!
Ok for example the employee has her husband drive by and give my wife the finger or the employee has someone from her group of friends including the husband calls the place of employment and call her a bitch and they are going to cause harm to her when she gets off work. Ther is also sexual inuendos between the lead clerk and the employee so they say to my wife that she should not be worried about it. Also they cut my wifes hours but she has been off for 5 days and another employee from the store called her and said she better show up for work and stop causing trouble and just leave everything alone calling her names.

­Please Note: I receive no salary or hourly wage. I do not get paid anything at all unless you click Accept. Clicking Accept simply applies your current deposit to this question and will not result in additional charges to your credit card. If you are a monthly subscriber to JustAnswer, clicking accept does not cost you anything additional. Please respect the Honor System and click Accept when you are pleased with the quality of the response so that I am compensated for responding to your question.

Thank you for your question.

What follows may or may not be what you want to read. However, please do not shoot the messenger. While I can control the quality of an answer, my control over the content of an answer is restrained by the truth.

If she is a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, she may wish to file a charge with the EEOC or the Tennessee Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development, as she may be able to recover financially for the sexual harassment.

Further, if she has suffered damages, she may have a basis to sue the individual for intentional infliction of emotional distress, seeking to recover financially for those damages.

As for the other conduct, it may constitute harassment and/or stalking. Accordingly, she may wish to discuss the matter with law enforcement, as the individual may be charged with a crime.

Please remember to click Accept and leave Positive Feedback so that I will receive credit for my time and effort spent responding to your question. Bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Clicking accept does
not close the question and you are still welcome to ask follow-up questions if you need clarification.

Sincerely,
T-USA

_____________________________________

Disclaimer: By engaging in this correspondence, you agree to and understand the following:
No attorney-client relationship is formed through this correspondence. The following information provided for educational purposes only and is not legal advice/legal services. Correspondence through JustAnswer is visible to the public and is not confidential. T-USA is not familiar with your situation and could not possibly provide legal advice/legal services through JustAnswer. T-USA does not claim to be licensed to practice law in your state. The information provided in this correspondence cannot and should not be relied on for legal purposes.
If you need legal advice/services you should visit a local attorney as soon as possible. You can find a local attorney at
Lawyers.com, Martindale, a Local Lawyer Referral Service, or a Local Legal Clinic (if you cannot afford an attorney).