Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My (fairly new) manager is lying about me on Field Contact…

Customer Question
My (fairly new) manager is...
My (fairly new) manager is lying about me on Field Contact Reports. I am in the pharmaceutical industry and these forms document manager ride-alongs. My sales numbers are very good but this guy has decided he wants me out. He has served me with a "coaching letter" criticizing my sales skills, which is funny because my numbers are stellar. My two year reputation with this company is being trashed by him and I need to know what I can do. When/how do I contact HR and how much do I tell them? What is my best form of documentation? Thank you!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/16/2010
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
You should contact the HR immediately, tell them everything and provide them with the coaching letter and your sales numbers. That should be sufficient, in terms of documentation.

This sort of coaching also borders on defamation of character and if it comes to that you may even consider hiring a local attorney to draft a "cease and desist" letter to this manager for defaming you when sales numbers are not subjective...they are very objective and not a matter of opinion.

Edited by Jagcorps_esq on 6/16/2010 at 1:53 AM EST