Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I live in oklahoma and the company that i work says that they…

Customer Question
I live in oklahoma and...
I live in oklahoma and the company that i work says that they dont pay overtime but they dont compensate you either with anything i have 8 unpaid hours of overtime what should i do because I have told them several times that i has not been on my check and one of the employees i work with says that our boss marks out any time over 40 hours that we work. What do i need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2010
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

In order to assist you I need a little bit more information. Are you an hourly non-exempt employee or a salaried exempt employee? What kind of work do you do?

I am hourly and i work in a warehouse.

Thank you for the information. Even if your employer has a policy of no overtime, if they allow you to put in overtime, then under the Fair Labor Standards Act, they must pay it. You can either file a complaint with the Oklahoma Department of Labor or file a small claims court suit for the amount owed. However, since the wage claim with the DOL is free, you might want to try that first. You can find a wage claim form at: http://www.ok.gov/odol/Wage_and_Hour/index.html