Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

kinda 2 questions in one.We wre UMWA yet get none of the benfits…

Customer Question
kinda 2 questions in one.We...
kinda 2 questions in one.We wre UMWA yet get none of the benfits of being UMWA<SUCH AS PAY WE ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SCALE WHOWEVER WE GET AN EXTRA $1.50 to go underground and risk our lives some only getting 10 or 11$ an hour.We work in places that dont provide proper medical servixes or ammendities.I went to grab a knife from a co worker who i thought wsq preoccupied.HE Had the knofe tighter than i thought ,no big deal it caused a small cut on my finger.Small enough i didnt even see any blood at first, i was gnnna keep working as we usually do.He wsa cmplaining so i went to get a bandage and he says i got blood on him which i nor no one else ever saw.It was an accident either way, i thought we were good friends.I have been with this compny 6 years and never had a right up or anything.However they always comittedinsurance fraud by paying our bills for years so they had no injuries to report and i mean big injuries.This was an accident and they are gonna cause me to lose everything.I neve
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/12/2010
Employment Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Is it the employer or the union that is discriminating against you? On the basis of race, age (40 or older), gender, disability, or something else? Is the union or employer breaching the bargaining agreement? If so, how?