Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was given an outstanding evaluation in January 2010. My…

Customer Question
I was given an outstanding...
I was given an outstanding evaluation in January 2010. My CEO began harassing me about things that were out of my control. She called me into the office the first of May with the human relations person and asked me to resign. I refused and she fired me.
I asked for a copy of my history file and she refuses to release it. I filed for unemployment and she refused it. (I was only unemployed for 3 weeks but am a single mom with two children so need every cent I can get). What do you suggest for my next step. Should I repeal or sue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/11/2010
Employment Lawyer: AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney replied 8 years ago
AlexiaEsq.
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney

Dear jacustomer,

Thank you for your question and I look forward to working on your answer. Also, it is important to know that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know, unless you describe it fully. Also, because you are at this site, you are asking me the question because you want the legal facts, as I see them, even if unfavorable to your situation from a legal perspective. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if I ask a redundant question.

That being said, if you would like me to work on an answer for you, and in order to better assist you, could you please clarify for me, in numbered answers if I ask more than one question:

1. What does your denial notice for unemployment indicate is the section number under which you were denied benefits?

2. Can you specify in exactly what ways the CEO was harassing you?

I look forward to getting to work on this for you. Hang in there!

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

Please note: I do not provide legal advice, only legal information; I do not legally represent any JA members, visitors or customers. We do not and will not enjoy an attorney/client relationship. Further communication with me here is an acceptance of this and any information provided by me is with the understanding that you comprehend this and agree.

At times there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break. In addition, if it is late at night, EST, and we are between postings, I may go get some shut eye, but I'll be back the next day, so never fear.