Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

What is a passing grade for a graduate level long term training…

Customer Question
What is a passing grade...
What is a passing grade for a graduate level long term training program. The student are required to pass a midterm and final of a competency based long term training program.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2010
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Almost every graduate level and masters program I have been involved with required at least a "C" and a 2.0 overall GPA to continue participation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

What is the ruling about 80% level for competency based training?
I taught in a masters program at a graduate school that had a B average requirement. This is something that is entirely at the discretion of the school and there are no laws prohibiting that and the courts would never in a million years even get involved in a school setting such a requirement.