Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked in Green Bay Wisconsin for about 2 months and the…

Customer Question
I worked in Green Bay...
I worked in Green Bay Wisconsin for about 2 months and the company that employed me is in Michigen, but they have not paid me for the past month and a half and now they let me go and are holding on to all my pay. What are my rights?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2010
Employment Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may consider filing a wage claim with the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development. Here is a complaint form:

http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/er/labor_standards_bureau/wage_payment_and_collection_law.htm
I was expecting some more information like references to labor laws and what my rights are? I know about this link.
An employee may file a wage claim with the Equal Rights Division if an employer refuses to pay wages earned on the regular established payday.The employee should request payment and if he doesn't receive the payment after 6 days, the employee may file a claim, using the Labor Standards Complaint Form. Once a claim is filed, the department will investigate
I'm sorry, but you are just posting what is written in the website of the http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/er/Labor... You have to understand I ran an HR company and if I'm going to pay for information, I expected more labor codes such as xxx.xxxxx of the code of xxx book that sites the wisconsin code for my setuation and here is the federal code.. xxx.xxxx that supports the wisconsin law.. and so on.. I was not just looking for a link, I was looking for expert advice, not someone to point me to a document to fillout. I hope you understand.