Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been off work because of a work related injury. In May…

Customer Question
I have been off work...
I have been off work because of a work related injury. In May my employer calls me and tells me that I am being terminated and on the same day I received a certified letter that terminated me but it was retroactive back to April 16,2010
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2010
Employment Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Thank you for using Just Answer.

What exactly is your legal question, please?
Can a company terminate an employee while out on workers comp and terminate the employee on May 7,2010 and bacdate the termination to April 16,2010 and then not have insurance after April 30,2010,and I did not receive any info on cobra until May 19,2010
I'm going to opt out and open this question up to all of the employment experts. Please don't reply to this information request (because the question will bounce back to me and then other experts won't be able to see it). No need to wait online for an answer if you don't want to -you will get an email when an answer is waiting.

Good luck!