Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Good Day, My employer is based in South Carolina but I work…

Customer Question
Good Day, My employer is...
Good Day, My employer is based in South Carolina but I work in Florida. Which labor wage laws applies to me SC or FL? I am asking because I want to know if the employer must pay me for vacation and sick time not used. SC law says they have to but Florida says they do not. Which law applies? Thanks for helping me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2010
Employment Lawyer: Michael J., Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Michael J., Esq.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your legal problem today.

If your employer contracts for work in Florida, he must abide by Florida's labor laws.

Good luck,

If my answer was helpful, please click ACCEPT so I may be compensated for my time. If you are not satisfied with the Answer, please feel free not to Accept, and post a follow up question so I may be able to clarify my Answer. My goal is to provide an outstanding Answer, so give me a chance.

Regards,

Michael