Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am 64 years old, have been working since last 6 years and…

Customer Question
I am 64 years old...
I am 64 years old, have been working since last 6 years and comapny reduced my salary in half and my hours by 25%. Last year my review was excellent and I told me I can have my job as long as I want to work by my CTO. After that Last year I was put under different manager to work, she was with different ethical background and she did not like me and told me I will fire you or I will get you fired and used many different words. I do not have any budget for you. I requested her look I have only two years left please let me stay and get along. My question is, is there any descriminations involved or not? Anything illegal or not?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Employment Law
6/9/2010
Employment Lawyer: Jack R., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer

If the reason for your problems with your manager are because of your age, gender, national origin, religion then this is illegal discrimination. If it simply because your employer does not like your performance, and can no longer afford your services there is nothing you can do.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.